Logo

Drachenloch Museum (Local Museum)

The Drachenloch Museum in Vättis (Switzerland) is a small local museum housed in the old school and town hall. The exhibition focuses on the finds from the Drachenloch cave, including Palaeolithic cave bear bones, and documents from the excavation period 1917–1923. The draughtsman Toni Nigg designed the museum and integrated an overview of the local geology. Also on display are a mineral collection, Roman coins from the 3rd century AD, the original wooden sculptures from the Walser chapel of St. Martin and tools of the old cooperage trade.

Families and Kids

Children and school groups are welcome at the Drachenloch Museum. Reduced admission applies for children and pupils, and school groups from the canton of St. Gallen enter free of charge.

Information

  • Visit duration: 80min
  • For rainy days: Yes
  • Free entrance: No
  • Price range: $
  • Topic: History

    • Guided tours: Yes

    • Children experience: Child friendly
    • Children age group: 6-12, 12-18

Opening hours

Opening hours could not be found on the website.

Admission fees

8 CHF
Adult admission
2 CHF
Child admission
0 CHF
School groups from the canton of St. Gallen have free admission.

Contact

Webpage
ortsgemeinde-vaettis.ch
Email
wobmanndo@rsnweb.ch
Address
Langgasse 29, 7315 Vättis

Access

Nearby stops

  • Vättis, Dorf200 meters walking distance

Travel duration

From
Travel time
Chur
1h 6m
Zürich HB
2h 5m
St. Gallen
2h 12m
Zug
2h 19m
Luzern
2h 42m

FAQ

  • Are guided tours available at the Drachenloch Museum?
    Guided tours are available on request and last about 80 minutes. They can be booked by phone at 081 306 12 94 or by email at wobmanndo@rsnweb.ch.
  • Where is the Drachenloch Museum located?
    The museum is located in the old school and town hall in Vättis, at Langgasse 29, 7315 Vättis, Switzerland.
  • What can visitors see in the museum's permanent exhibition?
    The permanent exhibition focuses on finds from the Drachenloch cave, including Palaeolithic cave bear bones, and documents from the 1917–1923 excavation period. It also includes a mineral collection, Roman coins from the 3rd century AD, original wooden sculptures from the Walser chapel of St. Martin and tools of the old cooperage trade.